Hiring a Florida licensed private investigator ensures that you are engaging an individual or business that has passed Florida licensing requirements. Private investigators licensed by the state of Florida can be verified through the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing who regulate private investigators and private investigative agencies.
Information you should know before you sign a professional service agreement or contract with a private investigator or agency:
- Ask the PI to produce individual and state licensures as well as business, agency and occupational licenses.
- Ask for proof for all professional certifications claimed by the private investigator.
- Check with the state regulatory agency, Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Office to learn of any charges filed or disciplinary actions taken against the private investigator. These are all made available to the public in the state of Florida.
- Read and comprehend the proposed service agreement or contract. Ask for clarification regarding any uncertainties.
- Read and comprehend the financial arrangements such as: fees and fee schedule, retainer, refund policy, etc.
- Be certain that you know exactly what products such as: reports, videos, photos, documents, etc. that you are entitled to and when you can expect them.